Updated: August 3, 2023
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you when you visit, use, or navigate our website. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Any contact information submitted through contact forms, such as name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Usage information collected automatically when you interact with our website, such as device type, pages visited, referring URLs, etc.
We do not process any sensitive information.
Sources of Personal Data
We collect personal data about you from two sources:
- You: when you provide information to us in a contact form.
- Third parties: we use analytics providers to analyze how you interact and engage with our website in order to improve our website experience or other services provided.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How Your Information is Used
We may use your personal data for various purposes. These may include, but are not limited to:
Improving Our Website and Services
- Providing, maintaining, and improving our website and its functionality.
- Providing you with any products or services you may have requested.
- Improving our website, user experience, products, or services; including testing, research, internal analytics, and product development.
- Analyzing usage trends and preferences.
- Complying with Federal, state, or other applicable laws and regulations.
Corresponding with You
- Responding to your inquiries, questions, or feedback.
- Providing support.
- Sending you communications regarding our services according to your preferences.
Disclosure of Your Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties without your consent. However, we may disclose your information in the following circumstances:
- To trusted third-party service providers who assist us in operating our website and conducting our business.
- To comply with legal obligations or protect against potential fraud, security, or technical issues.
- In connection with a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of our assets.
We employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to external websites. We have no control over the content and privacy practices of such websites and are not responsible for their practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these websites before providing any personal information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that submit personal information via contact forms or media uploads, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also view, edit, or erase that information as necessary or per your request.
What rights you have over your data
If you have submitted your personal information on our website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
For the safety and security of our staff and visitors, all visitor comments, contact form submissions, or media uploads are checked through an automated spam detection service.